About Vampire Diaries
It is an American supernatural drama TV series based on the book series of the same name written by L.J Smith. It consists of 8 seasons with an average of 22 episodes in each one. Throughout the course of all the seasons, the characters shower unconditional love, unbreakable friendship, make myriad sacrifices for their loved ones, learn to cope with death and realize the importance of family. Each and every major event that takes place in their lives accentuate one of the mentioned values and its significance towards the general betterment. On the same note, there are some habits that we can incorporate into our lives by analyzing some of the characters in the show.
Elena Gilbert, the female protagonist of the show is portrayed as an orphan as the first episode unfolds. A car accident leaves her parents dead while her, miraculously alive. She’s filled with a plethora of emotions ranging from grief and sadness to hopelessness and anger. So, she uses her journal as a way to vent off that pent up baggage and move forward with her life. This habit can be easily adopted by sparing a couple of minutes at night. It is an efficient way to track one’s progress in life. You don’t have to record everything that takes place in a day. Instead, jot down some moments that made you laugh, feel special and just made you feel good in general. Adding further to that, you can also pen down the lessons you’ve learnt, the best practices you’ve discovered, or the mistakes that you’ve committed. This will give you a new sense of perspective everyday and make you wiser. After a couple of years, it’ll give you a perfect path for walking down the memory lane and reminiscing all the moments that life has given you so far. You’ll figure out a lot about yourself in the process than you ever will through somebody else’s input. Give it a shot and relish its benefits!
2. Banish negative thoughts through the mind-control thingy.
First, a little info on the past. The witches (one of the many supernatural beings in the show) are gifted with the ability to craft spells and bring the impossible into existence. One of their safety spells from vampires when performed, causes high-level pain to their ears and head . Normally, we tend to do things that make us feel jubilant. If it causes agony, our first instinct is to avoid it at any cost. So, whenever a negative thought enters your brain, visualize yourself with that kind of pain that drops you down to your knees. (The one that Damon Salvatore so beautifully pulls off) The thought of dropping down because of the pain will drain a lot of energy. So, the act of eliminating that negative thought is a lot easier than imagining yourself with that kind of pain. If it doesn’t work very well for you, try relating the consequences of having negative thoughts , such as wastage of time to something painful to hear. For example, wastage of time could have been swiftly replaced by doing something that you enjoy and would like to cherish for the many years to come.
3. Act on the problem!
All the characters in the show are confronted with zillions of problems and dire situations. The amazing part of it is that they act on the problem then and there. They don’t let their enemies get the most of them. Granted, there’s a lot of violence involved. But again, it’s just fiction. What I’m emphasizing here is this: When something is bothering you, don’t just sit idle and wait for the pieces to fall into place. Try everything in your power to abate the storm. Life isn’t always supposed to be all rainbows and butterflies and pleasant weather. It’s a package of experiences that lift us to cloud nine, shatter us, give us hope and help us climb up to the paradise. Remember the 90-10 rule; Your focus on the problem should only be 10% while the remaining 90% should be directed towards the solution. Concoct all possible solutions and in the meantime, try not to cook up all the ways it can go awry. Have faith in the action.
Most of us are movie fanatics. Before you grab your bowl of popcorn for the next one, make it a point to watch it with an intention of gaining something valuable at the end of the movie. By doing so, you’re making a decision to become prudent which will aid you in the long run in different manners.